Thursday, March 13, 2008

BMT is finally over! I'm now a private! Haha. For some reason, i don't feel all that excited. Maybe I'm beginning to miss my buddies in ZULU Coy already. Every morning I wake up, the first people you see are bunkmates. But today, i woke up and the first person i saw is my maid instead. LOL. It just feels weird.

Anyway, I'm happy that I finally have the chance to meet up with friends and family. Haven't had the luxury to do much of so ever since i enlisted. Haha. Oh yes and there is university admission. I applied for NUS Chemical Engineering and Accountancy Double Degree and NTU Chemical Engineering and Economics Double Degree. Not too sure if I can cope but I feel that it's definitely worth the try. Also, applied for 2 scholarships that I really want. NUS Global Merit Scholarship and ExxonMobil Public Scholarship. Did up a lot of the paper work yesterday. Now just short of letters of recommendation, which Mrs Aileen Lim was nice enough to promise me. My only reason for applying for a scholarship is not to make my parents pay for my university education. This perhaps would give me some degree of financial independence too. Haha. No idea if I would get it, just trying my luck. Competition's stiff this year. Hope everything turns out nice and fine.

No comments: