Sunday, September 21, 2008

Yesterday went to meet up with john n vincent for dinner. Betsy and Nerd supposed to meet up too, but too bad last minute can't make it. lol. Anyway I was somewhat on a binge yesterday. The thought of eating combat ration for the next 4 days just makes mt stomach rumble even more. lol. ATEC's this coming week and i guess its gonna be one hell of an outfield. Haha. Alright enough of army. Anyways I went to eat at Aji-Tei at PS (not me). The food there's damn good man. Haha. Ended up eating like a paper steamboat, curry rice, hotplate potato.. and macha icecream. LOL. Its only after i ordered that i realised that i ordered a tad too much. Haha. But who cares. I ate them all anyways. Haha. After that just went to walk around PS. Bought a book entitled " The Last Lecture" by Prof Randy Pausch. He's a lecturer from Carnagie Mellon University in Pittsburgh. He was suffering from the terminal stage of pancreatic cancer and was asked to give his last lecture at the university. Most people would expect someone dying to give his last lecture on issues such as how he cope with the disease etc. But no. That wasn't what he lectured about. It was about living childhood dreams. Talking about his life experiences. Very moivational book. And the very fact that it was his last words yet it sounded so optimistic with the burning passion to live life to the very last minute, flooded me with emotions beyond description. It was also about work-life balance and the sacrifices one have to make in life. These are things that form the very basis of living a happy life. And the best thing is that I've only read the first 3 chapters. It's that good. Makes me wanna read one as soom as i can man.

It made me realise that some things in life are definitely worth treasuring. Simple things such as friendships, relationships, kinship. And yes, there are many things in life that is fated. Superstitious or Real. I choose to believe. And hence, I believe that some things that are not meant to be will never be. Everything happens for a reason and I would want to believe that everything good that happens is to be treasured, while anything bad that happens is a step essential for future happiness. The unpredictability of life, the excitement of life, the passion for life. Aren't they all the same?

Anyways later probably gonna send Karl off to Australia. Guess he's going there to be a pilot. Congrats dude and wish ya the best! Jia you!

Lol. I, too, is going Australia in 2 weeks time for training. Should be on the 5th. Haha. It's gonna be a very busy 2 weeks ahead b4 Australia. so I guess this blog would probably be left empty till like 6 weeks time. So till then.. chow!

No comments: