Saturday, May 29, 2010

Haven't blogged for quite some time already. Working and studying has been taking it's toll on me. Almost every other day, I have to teach from the morning till around 3pm before rushing off to NUS for my classes all the way to the evening. The lessons are fine (in fact, I quite enjoyed it), but the travelling's sooo not. Haha. It's 3 hours worth of travelling to and fro. Terrible. And because I'm so tired after lessons to do anything, weekends become the time for me to complete my tutorials. Tutorials best reveal the great disparity between JC and uni. In JC when you look at your tutorials, there are at least half of the questions that you can do without any problems, but in uni, I can just stare at the tutorial for 2 hours and still not know WHAT the question is asking, not to mention working something out. That's engineering for you. But that's exactly what Prof Quek told us. In engineering, there is no answers! Coz if there is, then you wouldn't need an engineer! Haha. That made total sense to me! But with that comes the painful period to adapt to the university style of learning. They do not give answers. They just tell you roughly how to get started and off you go to figure something out yourself.

But anyway I'm into my last few days of teaching. Tidying up loose ends before I hand my classes over to their full time teacher. On one hand there's this bit of sadness. To be honest I quite enjoy teaching students (if they are willing to learn), coz I actually learn quite a bit from them! Coz there's this responsibility to teach the kids the right stuff, so I will actually put in extra effort to ensure that I'm 110% sure of my stuff. I was never that meticulous in JC. Haha. And my 4 classes are generally a very good bunch of kids. Just a few problematic kids here and there Oh and not to mention that it helped kick start that rusty brains of mine - after not using it for 2 years in the army. But on the other hand, I'm quite relieved that it's over. I can finally have more time to study for my upcoming exams and have more life. Haha. Social life has been vastly reduced since teaching and studying started simultaneously.

On a lighter note, yesterday's Betsy's 21st birthday party! Haha. Had a great time! A good break from all the teaching and mugging. Hahaha. Oh and every birthday party's like an CG01/06 gathering. Hahaha. Cool peeps! But hope that we can still maintain status quo once s few of the guys fly off to UK for their studies!=D

Ok after wasting some time here, time to get back to work. My first paper's on 10th June. WOW!=X

No comments: