Yesterday was the post-Orion CIP trip! Haha. We did like a mini-amazing race sort of event for the youths who are supposedly at risk of delinquency. But yea those kids were actually really nice and fun people! And it was really fun facilitating in the event. It was even more hilarious looking at those kids play those games. Haha.
 |
| Me and Sai were the station masters! =D |
My station was actually some ball game which I was quite skeptical about at the start. However, it turned out really nicely and nice to see the kids having great fun. It was at this Woodlands Waterfront which I found so ulu, but the kids managed to find the place so easily!
 |
| The damn awesome playground. |
Anyway the penalty was like running through this playground and I think it's really fun. LOL. Anyway our station finished pretty quickly so we decided to go bum around at the other stations. Oh and thanks a lot to adeel for the ride! =D
 |
| Bumming around! |
But my station was the first one so yea, after all the teams completed it, we just bummed around at the other stations. Haha. We even had time for some monopoly deal! =P
 |
| The whole lot of us after the event! |
Yea, a really well planned event by the team again. Hmm. I'm really tempted to join Orion 2011. Should I? Haha. I shall seriously consider! (but most likely yes!) =D
Ok after that we had group dinner!
 |
| My carbo-loaded meal! But damn nice! =P |
Ended up queuing really long for Ichiban Sushi at Causeway Point. But actually it didn't felt very long as we were all happily chit-chatting away. Haha. But yea, the service there was pretty good I must say. They managed to clear a table for 12 for us despite such a long queue. Really thank them for that. And the food came really quickly too! And the quality is way better than Sakae I dare say. So yupz, overall a great evening spent with them as well. Yupz, after that I went home with Jiamei and Choon Keat coz we were the only 3 east-siders. Haha. Oh I finally know of the fastest and most comfortable way to get to Woodlands Interchange! Haha. Take Bus 168 from Bedok. Takes only 1 hr and you can sit all the way! Haha.
Yea so today's a really well spent day (away from my tutorials and notes), and yea I really enjoyed myself. Just some thoughts about teenage delinquency. Sometimes I feel that these kids are not exactly delinquents. Rather they are just lost and misguided youths. You can really differentiate between them just by interacting with them. These kids at YGOS are so kind and polite, I really can't imagine them to be kids at risk of delinquency. So yeps, I believe that society should remove these "labels" from them and give them a chance to do something useful and meaningful in their lives. I believe that everyone's born for a reason. Yes, they may not be the best academically, but understand them better and you will definitely find something they're good at. So I really appreciate these youth help organizations like YGOS which help remove these social stigma about kids who don't excel in their work, and give them more confidence and direction in their lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment