Looks like this holidays will be getting even more packed than I had initially planned for, now that my summer programme to the University of Texas at Austin's Nuclear Institute has been approved!

It's really a dream come true. I had planned to attend this Nuclear Engineering Summer Programme from the start of my university life. But coz the application was solely faculty chosen, I had to wait. And wait. And wait. And finally, I went for an interview yesterday for the programme. Actually, it isn't really an interview. For me it felt more like a get to know you and your interests session. Had a really good conversation with Prof Christopher Yap and Prof Ashraff. It sounded really daunting at first coz Prof Yap is the Assistant Dean of Engineering while Prof Ashraff is the Vice-Dean of Engineering. But they were really really nice people. And actually, Prof Yap interviewed me for GEP. Yeps, so it was really unexpectedly interesting session. And just yesterday night I received confirmation from NUS and U of T that I would be heading over there in July. Suddenly, the floodgates open and I was flooded with a ton worth of administrative stuff. From registration, CV's, visas, to plane ticket, etc. It's madness. So much so that I forgot to wake up on time today for GEP lunch meeting. LOL. Just giving myself an excuse. But Oh man! So paiseh!. =X
But yea, this holiday will really a hell of an experience for me. Will be flying to France on the 4th of June to attend the 4 weeks Nanotechnology course. Then heading back to SG on the 2nd of July. Then I will be flying off to US on the 5th of July for a full month for the Nuclear Engineering course and will only be back in SG on the 6th of August. And tadah! The school semester starts again on 8th August. Better give myself a good 1 month break before I start flying all over the place. And hope to be able to meet up with most of my friends before the school semester starts again. =P
Like my mum puts it, I'm studying at NUS, but I spend more time overseas than in SG. But my mum, being a mum, would always nag and nag, but at the end of the day, I know that she approves of and encourages me to attend all these overseas programmes. My dad's super supportive. So yeps, hope I'm making the right choice.
And as for the title of this post, it's actually something like the motto or vision of the University of Texas at Austin. I found it in the emails and on the website and found it really meaningful. To me, that's really the sign and confidence of a world class institution. What starts here changes the world. Really makes sense indeed. =D
No comments:
Post a Comment