Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mid-term reflections

Another week has passed and it's mid-April already! Another 4 more months and I will be back mugging my life away at NUS. Quite looking forward to it actually.. being a student again. Being on the other side of the fence has been quite a roller coaster experience thus far. Starting out, I seem to have quite a high expectation for students that I will be teaching, coz after all, they belong to the top 8% of the cohort. Like any one that enters the profession of teaching, you would want to make a difference in their lives. But that passion would prove to be rather short-lived. There are times where you feel great coz the students come and tell you they enjoy your lesson and begin to love the subject. Then there are times where throughout the lesson, the stare at you as if you are speaking in a foreign language, and in no time they simply drift off to lala land. But the one thing that I never did expect is that I would meet such a great bunch of peeps in TJC - CG00/10. Formed by pure spontaneity, coz we were amazed by the size of the relief teachers/interns group in the college, we represent almost every department and subject in the college. Despite that, we simply got along real fine and in fact, great! Haha. They are the people that make your life so much better after being tortured by (some) students. Haha. They are great lunch khaki's too! Haha. Oh and the math and science department staff are also super nice people! Unlike... Ok that's not important... These are just some random mid-teaching stint reflections...

Ok back to life. The J2s got their PW results back on Friday and it was awesome! 82% A and 99.8% A-B rate. I'm superbly proud of the college for this man! Haha. Although it's not my results and a far cry from the 7% A rate from my batch, I'm not feeling the least sore. It's great to see how the college rebound from setbacks. Congrats to all the J2's!

Yesterday was TJC's dance concert! Haha. But before that, the peeps from CG00/10 came over to my place for lunch and just to chill out and relax. Haha. Pictionary's damn fun! =D Anyway after all the fun and laughter with pictionary, we headed down to Republic Polytechnic for the dance concert. And to get there, we took the newly opened Circle Line! Haha. Yes just coincidentally, 17 April was the opening day of Phase 2 of the Circle Line and we were among the first to travel on it! *Excited* Haha. 
 
Anyway the MRT station at Paya Lebar is awesome! It looks super classy, just like that one at Changi Airport! Hahaha. Niceee. Anyway just on a random note, the Circle Line still doesn't really shorten my journey to the North. It took me like close to 2 hours to get to RP. Damn long... Yawnz. Amazingly, it's so much faster to travel to the West than to the North. Haha. Just a random note.

The RP auditorium is really nice! Other than having non-existent legroom, the place is quite classy and nice.. I like. But the dance concert was actually just slightly above average. Not that I'm qualified to comment, but just by looking at the synchronization of dance steps, it's quite average. But on the bright side, the atmosphere was good and I did enjoy the concert. Haha. So yupz, it's still worth the tix.

After that was dinner/supper with the peeps before cabbing home with john, matthew and eugenia. Haha. Awesome but extremely tiring day. Yawnzzz.

Today's Sunday.. The day to slack around at home=D

No comments: