Sunday, April 25, 2010

More work, new gadget and wait... where's my Velu's Curry?!

Really busy week. Or rather it's quite slack for the first half of the week and super busy for the next. First up, on Monday I rushed to Parkway after my consultation at 4pm, in hope to upgrade my mobile phone plan and get a phone upgrade as well. I just can't stand my Nokia N97. It's far too laggy and BIG. Haha. So I was looking at getting the Nokia X6 32GB.

Read the reviews on youtube and apparently it's way better than the N97 in the sense that it has a capacitive touch screen and it's processor is way more efficient than the stupid N97's. Oh and it's way thinner than my N97. So it's all that I want in a phone. Haha. Heck the camera since I already have my Powershot S90. (but then again, N97's camera's really bad too.. Plus the flash-flooding.. gosh..) So happily, I queued up at the Hello Shop to upgrade my plan. Queued for like 30 minutes before they tell me that the X6 32GB was out of stock! And the only had the X6 16GB... in PINK! Oh my tian. Couldn't the staff tell me earlier?! Queued so long and they tell me it's out of stock. Super sian. Feeling totally dejected, I went home. On the way home, the idea of e-shopping struck me! Haha. I totally forgot that Singtel had an online store in which I could order my phone and have it delivered to my house.. for free! It's so convenient! Haha. So I happily went online to place my order and they were super efficient - they sent it to me in 2 days! Awesome service. So I received my X6 on Thursday. Just awesome. 

Ok I had to curb my curiosity to explore the phone coz I had tonnes of work to do! Thursday the JC1's had their very first Math Lecture test. Test for students means a hell lot of marking for tutors! Yes a hell lot. Haha. I've got 100 students x 4 questions each = 400 questions for me to mark! Terrible. That's in addition to their terrible handwriting, line after line of nonsense and my ever increasing blood pressure. Oh and not to forget assignments that they hand in to me regularly! Haha. Ok this time round, the test results were rather encouraging I must say. Maybe the test's pretty simple, but 2 of my classes maintained while my other 2 improved tremendously! 07 is as per normal impressive. 12 improved tremendously! I'm sooo impressed with them! Despite them giving me the most problems, they proved that they are as capable! 29 improved tremendously too! Although they're still my weakest class, but they are catching up fast! So encouraging! Now my 10 and 29 are almost on par. 10 is actually worrying me. I had so high expectations of them but their results are just on par with my Arts class 29. Maybe it's because they've been pretty average so far so I didn't really pay much attention to them. I guess it's time I shift my attention to them before they do worst for their next lecture test. More work to do!

Omg I sound like a real teacher now! Haha. But I guess whatever job I land myself, I really want to put in my best effort, especially when dealing with education. I guess it's because I'm a perfectionist, that's why I'm doing everything I can despite relief teaching being only a temporary job till end may. Anyway I sat down and marked for like 4 hours on Thursday after 5 lessons (my busiest day) and only managed to mark 3 classes worth. Once again, due to my stubborness, I brought home the other one to mark and yupz, I managed to complete it.=D

Ok and the work didn't end there. Had a long day on Friday as well. Had tutorials with all my 4 classes. Basically just returned them their tests. Pretty relaxing lesson coz it's just going over their mistakes and nagging at/encouraging them. Bought a few packs of chocolates to encourage those who improved. I guess these little gestures really work better than whatever a teacher says. Haha. Anyway I had to miss Velu's Curry because of the Parents Forum in the evening. Thank goodness for the rain, so the turn out was not as good. Haha. I had to speak and share my experience as a student then, and it's my first "lecture" so to speak. Haha. Damn weird to hear your voice through the mic. Haha. Thank goodness my nerves didn't get the better of me. Think I did decently =D Haha. Anyway towards the end it's more of a sharing session so it was pretty fun actually. Haha. Enjoyed it. Haha. But I got home really late.. Around 10pm and without dinner! Haha.. I want my Velu's curry! It looked sooo good in the photos! Haha. I shall plan for it this Friday! Haha...

Anyway this weekend's strictly for relaxing! Haha. And not to forget, exploring and playing with my new gadget! Haha. Downloaded lots of stuff into my X6 and realised how cool is nokia's "comes with music" software. Unlimited download of music! How cool is that! Haha. And there's both English and Chinese songs. Really cool. But the not so cool part of it is that my PC's quite lousy so it lags and lags. Haha. But what the heck, as long as I can get the songs that's fine. Oh and did I mention the stereo headphones that comes with the X6 is really good! Haha. Quite compact but the sound quality is fantastic! Haha. I like.. =D Anyway playing around with the phone, I realised that it's not as good as the Iphone I must say, but it's ok for me. I don't need all the fancy widgets and application in phone. All I need is a phone that user friendly and call/sms friendly. And Nokia fits the bill! Haha. I'm liking my phone more by the days. Haha. Oh and the red and matt black is damn cool.=D

Ok I'm going for my run later. Didn't run on Thursday coz it was raining and coz I had tonnes of work to do. So I need to go for a jog to lose my excess calories later. Haha. But it's raining again, so I have to wait for the rain to subside before I can go.

Oh tomorrow I've got to leave school earlier again. Have to head to NUS for my pre-admission medical checkup. I think me and john booked the appointment at 3 plus. So gonna leave way before that. NUS's not that near TJC I must say. Hahaha. This week's back to tutorials as per normal. So should be a pretty relaxing week. Hope everything turns out well.

No comments: