2nd day at the job already. Haha. Doing relief for JC1 H2 Maths. I've got 4 JC1 classes and probably a few of my mentor's (Mrs Khet) H1 and H2 classes once she goes for maternity leave in April. But my tutorial classes don't start till 17 Feb, so from now till then, it's pretty much slacking away for me. I don't need to be in school everyday too, only on days where there's lectures. Only from 17th onwards then I will have to go to school everyday, coz that's when everything starts rolling. These 2 days are pretty much about settling admin matters and induction to the school. So nothing really taxing. But I've gotten my notes and tutorials already! Time to start working on them. And why must series and sequences be the first topic? It's quite a nightmare for students. Hahaha. I used to enjoy calculus and functions/graphs much more. Haha.
It's quite a different experience transforming from a student into a teacher in the same school. In JC, we tend not to care much about studying, as it's our own responsibility. However, when one becomes a teacher, our scope of responsibility grows way out of proportion. I have to make sure I'm 101% sure about my concepts and knowledge, coz I'm really scared that I teach the wrong stuff to the kids. Haha. It sure is scary, but I know that I can strengthen my foundation in math really well. Haha. So it's a good thing after all. =D
See some familiar faces. John doing relief for JC1 H2 Bio, David doing admin, Jonathan from my batch too doing relief for H1 GP, Clovis project officer and quite a few MOE/NIE interns, mostly doing the Arts. Haha. I really wonder how some of us dare to relief GP. It's really too overwhelming. Yupz, not for me. Haha.

No comments:
Post a Comment