Sunday, January 24, 2010

Seng Giap's Wedding!

After months of preparation, yesterday was finally the day! Haha. Started the day early in the morning at 5am to prep ourselves. Then my bro drove me and my other 2 cousins over to giap's house, so fetch the bride back. My bro's 318i is the third of the wedding cars, the first being giap's S-Class and second being his C-Class. Damn posh lah. Haha. And there's no need to rent cars too. How convenient. Haha. Anyway all of us went over to the brides home in Tampines.
 
 Yupz, so we went up and had some games. Haha. The usual dose of sadis-faction needed to open the door.





I've gotta admit the groom had a harder time than us. Haha. We only helped him with all the rubbish "food" they gave us. Haha. There are only extreme flavours. Haha. Extremely torturous for the stomach and the taste buds. Haha. But it's ok lah, quite a bit milder than I expected so it's great. Haha. And finally a huge Hong Bao is needed to open the door. Haha.

The groom going in to get the bride. Haha. So sweet.


Us and the couple! Haha. After some customary practices and photo-taking, we proceeded on to Giap's home for the official customary practices that awaits. Haha. And also for buffet lunch! Hahaha. I was so hungry by then.

The four of us cam-whoring before the couple arrived back home. Thanks to my bro and his fast (but within speed limit) driving, we got back earlier, coz it's a customary practice that I need to open the car door for the couple. Haha. Hong Bao! Haha.

 
Next we proceeded with the tea ceremony and thank goodness that weren't that many people to serve the tea too. Haha. Super tiring for the couple though. Haha.

A photo with my family, giap's family, wilbur's family and finally the 2 old folks that have been extremely helpful in getting the marriage practices right - my 2 grand-aunts. Haha.


Next up is the very much younger 兄弟姐妹团! Haha. As you an see I'm pretty much the shortest (other than giap=D). LOL. So after all these customs and photo-taking, we went on to lunch. It's french food for lunch. My aunt actually went to hire a french chef to cook at their home. Damn extravagant. Haha. But I like. =D The food was alright for me, probably coz I couldn't get too used to it. Haha. I prefer my rice and noodles. Haha. Anyway, after that, we went home first to catch some rest before heading out to Ritz Carlton for the Wedding Dinner!

The entrance to the place is rather ulu, but once you get inside, it's like... wow! Haha. Really posh place to hold a wedding. I love it. Haha. Anyway giap reserved a room for us, so great, went up to the 28th floor to have a look.

Too bad for the reflection, but the view is fantastic. You can see the entire CBD area from there! Haha. Plus the esplanade, Singapore Flyer, F1 track... breath-taking view indeed. Haha.

Yupz, we proceeded with a little cam-whoring. Haha. After that we went down to prepare for registration and stuff. Haha. Really reminds me of my TMS council days. Organising prom nights and stuff were our specialty then. Haha. Yupz, 4 ministers came too. If I'm not mistaken it's Dr Amy Khor, Ms Grace Fu, Mdm Halimah Yacob and Mr Ang Mong Seng. Haha. It's a private event so yupz, there were no distractions. Haha. Anyway the whole night was busy doing stuff and organising people, hence, I've got no time for photo-taking. Haha. Anyway it was a great night - good food, great ambience, fantastic people... What more can I ask for?

Everything turned out really great for the wedding and yupz, it really made my day. Haha. But when I reached home, I was dead tired. And yes, I slept for a good 10 hours before waking up at 1pm today. Great. Hahaha.

Ok now back to reality. I'm going for the relief teachers induction programme tomorrow. Haha. Yes, I'm gonna start work! Woohoo! Haha. I need the money. Haha. Anyway gonna be really busy once everything starts, but really looking forward to it. =D

No comments: